The first doctor in Randolph was Dr. Rufus Belding. He arrived with his family in 1807. For 25 years he was the only physician in the township. A short time after the Belding family came to Randolph two of the children, Justin who was 4 years old and Louisa who was 2 years old were playing near the house when a wild hog seized Louisa and started toward the thick woods. Little Justin seized an axe, and with a few well placed blows the hog dropped Louisa and left. Louisa had few injuries.